Re: How poudriere's PACKAGE_FETCH_WHITELIST should work?

From: Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 01:22:23 UTC
Hello.

I was introduced to this feature in a reply to an email titled "[through-able] poudriere: I don't want to rebuild rust with PORTREVISION bump of curl" that I wrote on or about 2023-01-20.

This still means that the dependencies held in the package must match up to the version number to be used, right?
As I wrote in that e-mail, the dependent packages can be checked with the following command, which poudriere also seems to use.
pkg query -F somewhere/llvm10-10.0.1_10.pkg '%do %dn-%dv'

In the current porttree, python39 is 3.9.16_1. If this package has already been created locally, it would seem that the llvm* package that depends on python39-3.9.16 or earlier would not be used when fetched, is that correct?

# note that I avoided recreating llvm13 and llvm15 that way :)

Regards.