Issues related to lang/php81 and MacOS Ventura

From: Moin Rahman <bofh_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 22:53:31 UTC
Hello Everyone,

Today I have updated lang/php81 and I did commit after testing those under different circumstances. Normally my testing procedures are testing those in 12.3-amd64, 12.3-i386, 13.1-amd64 and MAIN-amd64. Additionally I do build tests with WITH_DEBUG=yes and another set with WITH_MPM=event on 12.3-amd64. Besides all of these I also test all the consumers on 12.3-amd64 with different php versions as default and BUILD_ONLY_DEFAULT_PHP_FLAVOR=yes before making my final commit. Today while testing I got lots of error with php81 like the following:
Cannot restore extended attributes: com.apple.provenance com.apple.provenance

which I tried to circumvent with "EXTRACT_AFTER_ARGS=   --no-same-owner --no-same-permissions --no-xattrs"

However in between the time of my testing and commit php developers realized their mistake and released a new tarball which caused build failure for most of us who are using HEAD rather than quarterly. I am really sorry for the troubles caused by this as I should have awaited for the php Developers to release a new tarball.

Currently I am testing the builds with the new DISTFILE and should be able to commit within an hour.

One more thing is for those who are using Macos Ventura; please beware about creating tarballs for any development releases. I am not yet aware about the exact problem and solution as I am not yet running Ventura. But this is today's learning. And that beyond all the rigorous test things might go south.

Sorry for the trouble caused by this and in case you want to read more about this incident:
https://news-web.php.net/php.announce/349

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,
Moin(bofh@ with all hats off)