Re: Shared object "libicuuc.so.70" not found on RPi4

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2023 18:25:26 UTC
On Fri, Feb 03, 2023 at 10:03:16AM -0800, bob prohaska wrote:
> When trying to start inkscape on a Pi4 running -current the
> system reports:
> ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libicuuc.so.70" not found, required by "libvisio-0.1.so.1"
>
> The inkscape port was built using poudriere and is recent, but the xorg
> installation is from June, 2022. There's nothing obvious wrong with it.
> No complaints while installing inkscape using pkg, so the fact that I'm
> not using a desktop environment (Gnome, KDE or otherwise) seems unlikely
> to be the culprit.
>
> Icu is present and up to date, but I can't figure out where libvisio
> came from. Whereis doesn't see it, no man page.
>
> Can anybody see what I've done wrong? For the moment I'm rebuilding xorg.

You've done nothing wrong.  The shared version number
of the libicuuc (as well as others) is bumped everytime
there is an update.  It's unclear if such of bump is
always needed.  The port system has fairly poor dependency
tracking for this port (as well as others), so an update
of some might pull in a new version while screwing over
other ports.  You can get past this burp with

%  cat /etc/libmap.conf
# $FreeBSD$
includedir /usr/local/etc/libmap.d
libicui18n.so.71  libicuio.so.72