Re: How to get a specific GO_MODULE tag (MODVERSION)

From: Moin Rahman <bofh_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2023 15:17:15 UTC

> On Aug 2, 2023, at 11:18 AM, Nuno Teixeira <eduardo@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get access to a go.mod no tagged that contains fixes that I need to try.
>
> security/gopass
> https://github.com/gopasspw/gopass <https://github.com/gopasspw/gopass>
> and the module that I want to get is from commit https://github.com/gopasspw/gopass/commit/ <https://github.com/gopasspw/gopass/commit/>
>
> I've see some examples of ports doing this like devel/lab:
>
> USES=           go:modules
> MODVERSION=     0.25.2-0.20230225220034-98c3f01c08e1
> GO_MODULE=      github.com/zaquestion/lab@v${MODVERSION} <http://github.com/zaquestion/lab@v$%7BMODVERSION%7D>
>
> My question is: how do I get vX.0.0-yyyymmddhhmmss-abcdefxyz, especially yyyymmddhhmmss that it is recomended not be created by hand.

vX.0.0 = The next version that might be upcoming where I will consider it is 1.15.7
yyyymmddhhmmss = The commit date and time for this case you can try 20230801000000
abcdefxyz = Commit hash which is 8c666a93d844015cca992be0ab0c39992bb096ed <https://github.com/gopasspw/gopass/commit/8c666a93d844015cca992be0ab0c39992bb096ed>

But above all different go applications has different methods so try which one actually works. I believe I extracted the exact TS from the git log.