Re: NO_TEST, do-test: and TEST_DEPENDS?

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 22:24:58 UTC
On Tue, 24 May 2022, Stefan Esser wrote:

> How is this meta-port implemented?
>
> Do you just invoke "make all deinstall install" for each origin
> from which a port has been installed?
>
> Or do you collect all dependencies of each of the 25 ports in the
> list and re-build and re-install all of them??

No, it has a list of RUN_DEPENDS and I simply call
 	env BATCH=yes nice make -s package-recursive
which used to do the right (documented) thing for uncounted ages.

I agree with you on the 311 or something like that ports;  that's
basically all the stupid "vendors" who no longer build man pages /
docs once for their release but let everyone do it all the time
(py-sphinx) and people switching ports which build for 20 years with
(g)make to meson for not better reason than to use the cool thing of
the day.  It seems these two are the auto-tools of this decade
in our ports tree now.

A year ago this was the result of my full build:

# find chroot-ports-20210520/var/tmp/pkg-20210520/All/ -type f | wc -l
      333

out of which got installed (probably 3 missing on that machine):

# pkg info | wc -l
      175

I think I just cut bind918 (sorry typing from head) down to 66
all-depends-list reducing the above mentioned things (and dnstap
default).  Kind-of a difference from 400 muble mumble (though that's
apples and oranges).

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7