Re: Poudriere

From: Mikhail Holt <mikhail.k.holt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 07:35:39 UTC
On 07/05/2022 16:12, Tatsuki Makino wrote:
> Hello.
>
> If you are using poudriere-3.3.7_1, the installation process is handled by function installworld in file /usr/local/share/poudriere/jail.sh.
> The rest you can see, it uses the host /usr/bin/make and appends DESTDIR to make it install in a directory other than /.
>
> Regards.
>
> Mikhail Holt wrote on 2022/05/07 13:29:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> First time user of Poudriere with novice questions.
>>
>> The man page for poudriere-jail states:
>>
>> -m    method
>>      Pre-built    distribution options:
>>          src=path       Install from    the given directory at path.
>>                             This    directory will not be built unless -b
>>                             is given.  It is expected that it is al-
>>                             ready built and maps    to a corresponding
>>                             /usr/obj directory.
>>
>> If Poudriere will do a make installworld using /usr/obj, which is already built, how is /usr/src specified so that Poudriere can find make?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Mikhail.

Hi,
Thanks all for replying.

Yes, pkg info shows poudriere-3.3.7_1 on the host.
I looked at /usr/local/share/poudriere/jail.sh in particular the
installworld function.
I now see that my understanding of the -m src= option was incorrect.
I tried what Dimitry suggested and it worked.

So thanks again.

Mikhail.