Re: On what days are the git servers available to obtain the ports tree?

From: Janky Jay, III <jankyj_at_unfs.us>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2022 18:21:15 UTC
Hi Chris,

On 5/2/22 11:09, Chris wrote:
> I'm a maintainer for well over 100 ports. But more often than
> not, I am not permitted to obtain the ports tree from any of
> the FreeBSD git servers:
>
> # git clone -o freebsd --config
> remote.freebsd.fetch='+refs/notes/*:refs/notes/*'
> https://git.freebsd.org/ports.git PORTS-20220502
>
> returns:
> error: RPC failed; HTTP 504 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 504
> fatal: error reading section header 'shallow-info'

I've run into this issue in the past with older versions of git. I found
that updating my version of git to anything equal or newer than 2.35.1
resolved it.

If you can't update your git version because you can't update your ports
tree, I found that adjusting the size of the global config for git's
"http.postBuffer" to 500MB fixed the issue for older git versions:

# git config --global http.postBuffer 524288000

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Janky Jay, III