Re: What to do if e-mail from pkg-fallout_at_freebsd.org arrives?

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 19:01:18 UTC
From: Rodrigo Osorio <ros_at_bebik.net> wrote on
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 15:14:06 +0100 :

> On 3/23/22 14:44, Vasily Postnicov wrote:
> > . . .
> >
> Hi Vasily,
>
> You can use quemu_user with poudriere to create a arm64 jail,
> This post gives details[1] for jail creation.
>
> Hope that helps,
> -- rodrigo
>
> [1]
>
> https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/building-arm-packages-with-poudriere-the-simple-way.52994/

The instructions there are for arm.armv6 , which is
not arm64.aarch64 . A substitution is necessary
for that as well.

(I have no clue how well qemu is operating for
arm64.aarch64 port building activities these days.
FreeBSD build servers for arm64.aarach64 use
native arm64.aarach64 hardware these days, so the
package status information is no longer based on
qemu use.)

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com