Re: porting Makefiles from Linux

From: Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 21:02:17 UTC
Hello.

Axel Rau wrote on 2022/03/16 20:36:

> I try to create a port from:
> 	https://github.com/gkiefer/home2l <https://github.com/gkiefer/home2l>
> This is a multi architecture project and has no configure.in or Makefile.am
> Makefiles seem to be handcrafted  by the author or otherwise generated.

I don't think a conversion is necessary for it. USES=gmake is sufficient.

For example, a near situation, I ported helm (not sysutils/helm) locally.
This was also only placed in Makefile, but there seems to be no problem with the definition of variables such as MAKE_ENV, LDFLAGS and etc.

Regards.

Example of helm porting. A large number of other patches are needed :)

PORTNAME=	helm
DISTVERSIONPREFIX=	v
DISTVERSION=	0.9.0-0
DISTVERSIONSUFFIX=	-g927d2ed2
CATEGORIES=	audio

MAINTAINER=	ports@FreeBSD.org
COMMENT=	Free polyphonic synth with lots of modulation

LICENSE=	GPLv3+
LICENSE_FILE=	${WRKSRC}/COPYING

RUN_DEPENDS=	${LOCALBASE}/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_oss.so:audio/alsa-plugins
LIB_DEPENDS=	libasound.so:audio/alsa-lib \
		libfreetype.so:print/freetype2 \
		libcurl.so:ftp/curl \
		libjack.so:audio/jack

USES=		compiler:c++14-lang dos2unix gl gmake pkgconfig xorg
USE_GITHUB=	yes
USE_GL=		gl
USE_XORG=	x11 xcursor xext xinerama
GH_ACCOUNT=	mtytel
GH_PROJECT=	${PORTNAME}

MAKE_ENV=	DATADIR=${DATADIR:Q} LIBDIR=${PREFIX:Q}/lib \
		DOCSDIR=${DOCSDIR:Q} DESKTOPDIR=${DESKTOPDIR:Q}
LDFLAGS+=	-lexecinfo

.include <bsd.port.mk>