Re: svgalib build fail with portmaster

From: Stefan Esser <se_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 16:01:42 UTC
Am 20.07.22 um 17:34 schrieb se@freebsd.org:
[...]
> I'll commit an update to the svgalib port when I succeed in locating the
> line that issues the "rm -f" command that deletes those files.
>
> I cn see "unlink" system calls being issued to remove them and I see the
> PID of the rm command (or rather several invocations of "rm"), but I have
> not identified from where these commands are run.

I had missed the fact that the port used GNU make and thus did not inherit
the debug options I had used to make it show "silent" commands as they are
run.

But when looking at the Makefile it was obvious what happened: The author
of this software was afraid that installed binaries or libraries might
affect the compilation, and therefore all files that were to be built
where searched for and deleted in multiple directories (including
/usr/local/{bin,lib} ...)

The port has been updated without a bump of the PORTREVISION, since this
issue affects only building the port, not the generated binaries and the
resulting package (see commit 6fd5ce4b2ae8).

Thank you for reporting the issue and best regards, STefan