Re: graphics/gmic missing binary

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 22:19:23 UTC
Yuri <yuri_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote on
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 19:37:01 UTC :

> Hi Andrea,
>

> You have asked in a wrong place.

https://docs.freebsd.org/en/articles/problem-reports/ says:

QUOTE (2nd bullet under "3. Preparations"):
. . . If the problem has not been discussed on the lists, you might
try posting a message about it and waiting a few days to see if
someone can spot something that has been overlooked.
END QUOTE

It looks to me like the list submittal fits the above but could
end up still leading to a later need for a bugzilla submittal.
The same page has more material about doing such.

> For port issues like this you should either create Bugzilla issues
> (https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/), or e-mail maintainers directly.
>
> I'll take a look at this problem.
>

> Yuri
>

> On 7/11/22 08:52, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> >
> > Hello.
> >
> > I was using gmic last month from command line.
> > After the switch to 2022Q3 branch I see the port does not provide a
> > binary anymore (although, curiously, the man page is still there).
> >
> > What's the reason?
> > Can I get it back somehow?
> > Has it been moved to another port?
> >
> >  bye & Thanks