Re: How does the pkg version syntax work?

From: Robert Clausecker <fuz_at_fuz.su>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 03:38:45 UTC
Hi Eugene,

That one does not actually really explain how the syntax works.
It gives a bunch of examples but does not systematically explains
how it works.  Additionally, the explanation is incomplete (e.g.
it's completely silent about how + works and the special cases for
letters in version numbers) and seems in one place even wrong
(according to pkg, a colon is interpreted like a period, but here
it says that it's ignored; but maybe ports mangling of version
numbers is different from how pkg does it).

So really, I wouldn't quite call this documentation.

Yours,
Robert Clausecker

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - for an 8-bit clean world
/\  - against html email  - against proprietary attachments