Re: Heads-up: Pending removal of 'Created by' from the ports tree

From: Robert Clausecker <fuz_at_fuz.su>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 17:49:31 UTC
Please check with legal if the removal of authorship information from
files is permitted.  I am under the impression that this is one of the
things that you are not permitted to do, even with BSD2CLAUSE code.

In German jurisdiction specifically, the author is permitted to decide
how to mark his authorship of files and these authorship marks may not
be removed without consent of the author (§13 UrhG).  I am not sure
what the situation is in other jurisdictions.

Yours,
Robert Clausecker

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - for an 8-bit clean world
/\  - against html email  - against proprietary attachments