Re: Heads-up: Pending removal of 'Created by' from the ports tree

From: Eugene Grosbein <eugen_at_grosbein.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 15:36:57 UTC
05.07.2022 22:25, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> 05.07.2022 20:16, Tobias C. Berner wrote:
>
>> Moin moin
>>
>> portmgr is intending to remove all occurrences of 'Created by' from the tree
>> by the end of this quarter [1].
>>
>> This is done to honor those that are actively maintaining the ports tree and
>> not those that were there before it was cool.
>>
>> The ports tree is the product of all the contributors and committers
>> maintaining it currently. If you want your name reflected as contributor, then
>> MAINTAINER is what you need to be. No information is lost, as the original
>> creators are still present in the version control system.
>
> May I ask for exception for those creaters who already passed out?
> For example:
>
> # find /usr/ports -name 'Makefile*' | xargs egrep -li "Created by: ache" | sed -E 's,/usr/ports/,,; s,/[^/]+$,,' | sort
> archivers/arc

[skip]

Also,

# find /usr/ports -name 'Makefile*' | xargs egrep -li "Created by:.*jmz" | sed -E 's,/usr/ports/,,; s,/[^/]+$,,' | sort
archivers/unzip
archivers/zoo
audio/xcd
benchmarks/iozone
benchmarks/iozone21
comms/viewfax
emulators/mtools
games/doom
games/golddig
games/xjewel
games/xmris
graphics/netpbm
graphics/p5-PGPLOT
graphics/pgplot
lang/p5-ExtUtils-F77
math/calc
math/lapack
print/makeindex
print/psutils
x11/xkeycaps
x11/xloadimage
x11/xsnow

See also the section '6. Development Team: In Memoriam'
at https://docs.freebsd.org/en/articles/contributors/