Re: Modular fetch design proposal: Was: [HEADSUP] Deprecation of the ftp support in pkg

From: Jan Bramkamp <crest_at_rlwinm.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 01:23:42 UTC
On 24.01.22 16:37, Freddie Cash wrote:
> Isn't that just reinventing libfetch which is already in the base install?

My proposal is about empowering users to hook in their own loosely fetch
helpers instead of implementing a common API to fetch from a handful of
preselected URL schemas, but it would make sense to include a libfetch
based helper for the protocols implemented by libfetch as part of pkg if
only to make sure my design is powerful enough and not to hard to implement.