Re: Would like to use ARCH (uname -p) but it's not always correct (e.g. arm64)

From: Nuno Teixeira <eduardo_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 08:22:39 UTC
Hello Tatsuki!

I't seems that you dig it into source configs, I will take a look into this
too.

I was talking using ARCH (and OSREL, OSVERSION, etc) in a more generic way
and only related to ports framework to easier some tasks like dinamic plist
for some files that change with this vars:

---
PLIST_SUB= ARCH=${ARCH}
plist:
libexec/NsCDE/FreeBSD_%%ARCH%%/colorpicker
---
---
PLIST_SUB+= SHLIB_SHVER="${DISTVERSION:R}" \
                       SHLIB_VER="${DISTVERSION}"
plist:
lib/root/libRHTTPSniff.so.%%SHLIB_SHVER%%
lib/root/libRHTTPSniff.so.%%SHLIB_VER%%
---

So my question is why people often choose a hack to `uname -m` instead of
using ARCH (uname -p).

Thanks

Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino@hotmail.com> escreveu no dia quinta,
29/12/2022 à(s) 21:41: