Re: lang/rust is super slow to build

From: Gerard E. Seibert <carmel_ny_at_outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 12:05:54 UTC
On Sat, 17 Dec 2022 15:26:59 +0000, void stated:
>On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 11:27:45AM -0800, Pat Maddox wrote:
>>Using poudriere, lang/rust is at 2 hours and counting on my 10-core i9
>>w/ 128 gigs of RAM.
>>
>>Does that sound right? It seems extremely slow to me, but this is my
>>first time building it.
>>
>>How long does it take others to build? What options are you using, or
>>any other suggestions for shortening the time?
>
>Have you tried devel/sccache and ports-mgmt/sccache-overlay which does
>for rust what ccache does for C ?

I had not heard of them before. I do have a few questions thought.

I have found conflicting instructions on how to install a working
configuration with poudriere. This is the one that seems the most
accurate.

https://www.freshports.org/ports-mgmt/sccache-overlay/

Question 1:

Do I have to modify the existing /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf
file?

Question 2:

I am presently using "ccache". Do I have to modify the existing
"CCACHE_DIR=" parameter in the /usr/local/etc/poudriere.conf file?

Is there anything else I should be doing?

This is on a FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p5 amd64 system with
poudriere-devel-3.3.99.20220831 installed.

--
Gerard