Re: lang/rust is super slow to build

From: Pat Maddox <pat_at_patmaddox.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 22:12:50 UTC
Okay! It took a few tries for me to recognize that it was
ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS rather than PARALLEL_JOBS.

Once I set it, it took 26 minutes to build Rust - that’s more like it
:)

Good to know that there can be some really long build times... for our
lower specced build machine at work, I’ll configure a cron job to
update the ports tree and build on the weekend. That way we should
hopefully avoid any long build times in our CI.

Thank you for the guidance!

Pat

p.s. I do know about -b latest to fetch dependency ports... starting off
I would like to see how full builds work.