Re: Differing status reports fro the package build cluster

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 06:50:51 UTC
On Sun, Dec 11, 2022 at 7:35 PM Simon Wright <simon.wright@gmx.net> wrote:

> On 2022-12-12 10:36, Mark Millard wrote:
> > Simon Wright <simon.wright_at_gmx.net> wrote on
> > Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 00:13:20 UTC :
> >
> >> If I look at the report on:
> >>

> https://pkg-status.freebsd.org/builds?jailname=131amd64&type=package&all=1
> >>
> >> the status on 131amd64 default (on beefy16) is: parallel_build, started
> >> 10 December.
> >
> > When I just looked at 86b787b900a8 (a default Ports), it still listed
> 1126
> > Remaining: so not done.
> >
> > The prior completed one (0 Remaining) is listed as 908640ce3450 .
> >

> >> If I look at the same url but with the "latest only" filter, the same
> >> jail has a status of stopped:done with a started date of 6 December.
> >
> > https://pkg-status.freebsd.org/builds?jailname=131amd64&type=package
> shows:
> >
> > 908640ce3450 as well, the same completed one as on the other page.
> >
> >> I'm assuming that the "all" view is current but does anyone know why
> >> they show differently?
> >
> > They agree about what has completed, at least for now.
>
> OK, I get it; the report filtered on "View latest only" is only updated
> when the build for that git hash is complete however the current status
> of the build boxes - including builds in progress - is shown on the
> "View All" filter.
>
> Thanks for the insight Mark.

This is close, but you need to realize that the packages will only be
available when they have been copied to all global distribution sites, so
the fact that the run has been completed does not mean that the packages
built on htat run are available. The time to distribute varies with the
size of the run and network performance. It has greatly improved during hte
past year as mirrors in some places are getting higher speed connections.

I should also note that pkg-status data only updates  the display on a
reload. Updates from the IPv6-onlybuild systems do update every 10 seconds.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com