Quick question about

From: Dan Mahoney (Gushi) <freebsd_at_gushi.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 01:49:17 UTC
Hey all,

I had an apache question.  (For those who care, I want to see if it's
possible to get suexec support in the FreeBSD apache24 port, while leaving
the mod_suexec module and the SUID suexec binary separate, installable
items.

I looked at the maintainer on freshports, it's apache@freebsd.org, so I
directed my question there.

..and got a reject from the mailing list...

I had no way of knowing it's a subscriber-only list, nor did the reject
message tell me how to JOIN that list.  I suppose figuring that out is my
next step, but in the mean time, the meta question:

Should users be expected to know which maintainers are lists which must be
joined before asking questions, and which maintainers are simply open to
questions?  Should there be some separate maintainer flag that specifies
this?

-Dan