poudriere & cron

From: David Powers <dnpowers_at_me.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 16:58:29 UTC
Not sure if this is the appropriate list, but I have constantly encountered issues with poudriere jobs not completing when fired via cron.  The job will get through a small number of packages and eventually the builders will indicate that the port in progress is status build_port_done, and no further progress is made.

I can stop the jail and start the job outside of cron, and this issue does not present.

The script that is being run via cron is pretty cut and dry.

 ~]$ cat /usr/local/poudriere/bulkbuild.sh
#/usr/local/bin/bash

FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=yes

poudriere jail -u -j 13_1_amd64
poudriere ports -u -p default
poudriere bulk -j 13_1_amd64 -f /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/bulk.txt

David Powers
dnpowers@me.com <mailto:dnpowers@me.com>
https://discord.gg/ZQnCUGXv4Y <https://discord.gg/ZQnCUGXv4Y>

Ephesians 2 14-16

For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.