Re: security/metasploit: package ... is not in GOROOT

From: Marco Beishuizen <mbeis.bsd_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 18:11:42 UTC
On Sun, 19 Sep 2021, the wise Marco Beishuizen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create an portupdate for metasploit. The created patch is
> working fine and the new metasploit works, but when starting metasploit I get
> some warnings:
>
> [...]
> [!] The following modules could not be loaded!..|
> [!]
> /usr/local/share/metasploit/modules/auxiliary/scanner/msmail/exchange_enum.go
> [!]
> /usr/local/share/metasploit/modules/auxiliary/scanner/msmail/onprem_enum.go
> [!] /usr/local/share/metasploit/modules/auxiliary/scanner/msmail/host_id.go
> [!] Please see /home/marco/.msf4/logs/framework.log for details.
> [...]

I discovered that in the default go env a setting "GO111MODULE" is set to
"". Changing this to "GO111MODULE=off" results the error to disappear.

So anyone got an idea how to alter the go environment in the metasploit
makefile?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Marco

--
The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily
endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or