Re: Troubles booting Pi2 from USB using bootcode.bin method

From: bob prohaska <fbsd_at_www.zefox.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 19:16:35 UTC
To make a clean start on this thread I've turned on the UART
for bootcode.bin per Mark's instructions and done a few boot
attempts with the USB2 and USB3 mechanical disks, singly and
in unison.

The bootlogs are in
http://www.zefox.net/~fbsd/rpi2/bootproblems/

An immediate curiosity is that on the first try, booting
with the USB3 device alone worked. I didn't record that
output, unfortunately. The second attempt failed, as expected,
and is recorded in bootlog-fail. The third attempt booted both
USB2 and USB3 disks together, recorded in bootlog.success.

I'm trying to build u-boot-rpi2 and will try to update the USB3
disk with it once complete.

The actual boot sequence using bootcode.bin is still a bit hazy:
Is it microSD/dos -> USB/dos ->USB/freebsd ?

Thanks for reading!

bob prohaska