Re: About GIT and committing submissions

From: Felix Palmen <felix_at_palmen-it.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 19:30:59 UTC
* Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz> [20211016 21:15]:
> Please keep shar and classic diff patches supported. Git is not the only
> tool for everybody on this planet.

I don't think it makes too much sense to put them into the same
sentence. As for me (see my original mail), I really think any patch
("unified diff") that can be parsed by the patch tool should be
supported. I just suggest that the 'git format-patch' format should be
preferred.

As for shar, I don't really see the advantage here. If you want to go
down the "fully manual" route, can't you use e.g. 'diff' all the way?

Anyways, getting rid of shar was just a side note aka additional idea
and isn't really important for what I suggested ;)

BR, Felix

--
 Dipl.-Inform. Felix Palmen  <felix@palmen-it.de>   ,.//..........
 {web}  http://palmen-it.de  {jabber} [see email]   ,//palmen-it.de