Re: Poudriere bulk "Deleting foo-1.2.3.pkg: no longer needed"

From: tech-lists <tech-lists_at_zyxst.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 16:53:14 UTC
Hi,

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 04:15:32PM -0400, J David wrote:
>We use a staged approach to building packages with poudriere, with
>several "bulk" commands, because some ports we rarely need take an
>incredibly long time to build.  (Mainly languages, like rust, clang,
>and gcc.)

[snip]

>Basically, "bulk -f" seems to have started preemptively deleting any
>existing package that isn't specifically listed in the given file or
>required by a port that is listed.  So much for building things in
>stages!
>
>This wasn't the case previously, and I can't find any flags that
>control this behavior on the man page.
>
>Is this intentional?  Is there a way to get it not to do that?  (Short
>of modifying our build scripts not to use -f anymore.)

I build in stages too, as there are some huge ports that don't play nice
in a bulk build but build fine when invoked in the form
poudriere -j jailname port_category/portname. I don't think it's
intentional. I'm seeing the same behaviour in poudriere-devel on
stable/13 (poudriere-devel is poudriere-devel-3.3.99.20210907_1)

--
J.