Re: Bringing back lang/python27 with few modules?

From: Guangyuan Yang <ygy_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 00:10:21 UTC
Kubilay Kocak <koobs@freebsd.org> 于2021年11月25日周四 下午6:40写道:

> On 23/11/2021 7:57 pm, Rene Ladan wrote:

> >> Even if you are OK with Chromium, there are users for which Chromium is
> >> not an option and Iridium is more than just preferable. (or Ungoogled,
> >> or Brave or something else not so heavily tied to Google spying / tracking)
> >>
> >> Removing Iridium was a really bad step.
> >>
> > To all of those that keep complaining that Iridium got removed:
> > feel free to bring it back and maintain it.
> >
> > Regards,
> > René
> >

> Not helpful Rene. Thank you.

The nice thing about a version control system is that we can revert
and adjust things. So I believe that interested people should not be
discouraged to work on the revival of that port, and I see no problem
in this particular advice that "we will discuss it after someone steps
up to maintain it" as a next step.

Best,
--
Guangyuan Yang