Re: ThunderBird and DAV calendars

From: Eugene Grosbein <eugen_at_grosbein.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 18:07:21 UTC
21.11.2021 0:11, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Is anyone here using ThunderBird and DAV calendars?
>
> After the upgrade to 91 I'm still able to use the calendars I had configured before, but I cannot add any new one, since the password prompt never appears.
> I asked on Mozilla's ml, but they say it works (and in fact does, on Windows).
>
> So I'm trying, first of all, to find out whether this is:
> _ a problem of mine;
> _ a problem on FreeBSD;
> _ a problem on X (I have no Linux to test).
>
> TIA to anyone who is willing to try.

I don't have it under FreeBSD, but want to share a tip.
Sometimes, dealing with obscure application problem,
I run run an application under "ktrace -i" command to reproduce a problem then exit application.
Then run "kdump | less" and investigate it. There are cases when application generates some error log/report/message
and writes it to its child/parent/sibling over pipe/socket but the message ends up to nowhere.

ktrace shows it, among with other data that may provide a clue.