Re: Bringing back lang/python27 with few modules?

From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 01:07:28 UTC
Well with regards to a language port, "vulnerability" has somewhat dubious
applicability. For sure there are many ways to write an insecure C program
allowed by the language itself. Shall we consider all C compilers
inheretedly bad based on just that?

Bottom line is that having well supported python 2 tools and environment
remains quite useful thing to have for a lot of FreeBSD users out there.
And this need is unlikely to go away in the next 2-3 years to come.

-Max