Re: Regarding port(s) you maintain in FreeBSD ports collection

From: Mikhail T. <mi+ports_at_aldan.algebra.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 14:52:27 UTC
On 16.11.21 16:46, Daniel Engberg wrote:
> There are numerous of reason why we need to remove ports, one major
> reason is simply to have a sustainable repository.

I don't know, what "sustainable repository" means in this context. It
seems like another vague term, which can be interpreted in any way
convenient.

The rest of your reply does not address my arguments -- except to
concede, that there are, indeed, no actual requirements, that the ports
you seek to delete are violating. And yet, you want to delete them anyway...

So, please, direct your considerable energies to maintenance of your own
ports. If that's not challenging enough -- consider adopting some of the
unmaintained ones. But don't delete other people's work -- and cease
marking it "deprecated" on such iffy grounds as you've done before...

Thank you,

    -mi