Re: Adding functionality to a port

From: Jose Quinteiro <freebsd_at_quinteiro.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 16:59:53 UTC
On 11/16/21 2:34 AM, Rob LA LAU wrote:
> ...Even OpenBSD, if you want to keep it close to home, dictates
> that all patches, work-arounds and dependencies must be documented, and
> that all changes must be sent upstream to try and have them included in
> the original work...

Openbsd packages come with the following caveat:

"The ports collection does not go through the same thorough security
audit that is performed on the OpenBSD base system. Although we strive
to keep the quality of the packages high, we just do not have enough
resources to ensure the same level of robustness and security."

https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html

Thanks,
Jose