Re: What to do with the "Created by" header comments?

From: Guido Falsi <madpilot_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2021 15:48:53 UTC
On 09/11/21 16:33, Luca Pizzamiglio wrote:
> Hi Mel,
>
> IIRC the "# Created by: ..." line was added to give credits to the original
> creator of the port.
> I'm not sure if this is still a thing.

As far as I remember (please correct me if I'm wrong) it's deprecated
and should not be added to newly created ports, also because the
information is easy to find in the repo history.

I don't think there is any rule for existing ones, I personally leave
them there unless requested to do anything different.

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>