How to correctly reference WRKSRC of another port?

From: Philipp Ost <pj_at_smo.de>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 18:16:47 UTC
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a port (my first ;-)) which has a (optional)
build time dependency on the sources of math/nauty.

Currently, I've hardwired '/usr/ports/math/nauty/work/nauty27r1' as
argument to the configure script, but that's clearly not the way to do it.

The Porter's Handbook mentions using WRKDIRPREFIXPORTSDIR [0], but that
does not work. A search for WRKDIRPREFIXPORTSDIR in /usr/ports/Mk comes
up empty. Do I explicitly have to define this variable?

I've set NAUTY_BUILD_DEPENDS=nauty>0:math/nauty:extract. How do I
correctly reference nauty's WRKSRC?

It would be nice if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Philipp

[0]
https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/porters-handbook/porting-dads/#porting-wrkdirprefix