Re: x11/nvidia-driver update from 460.80 to 460.80_1: libglvnd

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 12:08:09 UTC
On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 01:53:26PM +0200, Jan Beich wrote:
> Force-remove mesa-libs then rebuild all its direct dependencies.
> libGL, libEGL, libGLESv2, etc. moved to libglvnd but libgbm, libglapi
> remained in mesa-libs, so some of the ports (e.g., mesa-dri, xorg-server, sdl2)
> would depend on *both* libglvnd and mesa-libs.
>
> Can you test the following?
>
> $ pkg delete -f mesa-libs
> $ portmaster -a || portupgrade -a
>
> Binary package users have to wait for the package cluster to catch up
> but poudriere users can just "pkg upgrade" without doing anything special.

As noted in my newer message, I got through it by:

sudo pkg delete -f graphics/mesa-libs x11/nvidia-driver
sudo portmaster x11/nvidia-driver graphics/mesa-libs

(I needed to include nvidia-driver in the list of force-deleted
packages, as otherwise libglvnd (IIRC) wouldn't install.)

I don't have time to run "portmaster -a" just now; I normally do (and
did) "portmaster -da -x chromium\*"; I'll deal with chromium when I can
devote 5 - 6 hours on the laptop (typically, overnight, but I may have
time later today).

Thanks!

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill                              david@catwhisker.org
"Remember, I'm not the one trying to undermine American democracy. I'm

See https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.