Re: Stopping and restarting poudriere

From: Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 06:20:18 UTC
El día martes, junio 08, 2021 a las 08:05:41p. m. -0500, Greg Rivers via freebsd-ports escribió:

> On Tuesday, 8 June 2021 19:36:51 CDT Kevin P. Neal wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 08, 2021 at 04:29:54PM -0700, bob prohaska wrote:
> > > For now, it seems the answer is "Let poudriere finish!".
> >
> > I have issues with my ISP where my ssh sessions die at random times, usually
> > (but not always) when I'm away from the computer. So solution for Poudriere
> > was to run it in the background and pipe stdout+stderr to a file in /tmp.
> > Then a tail -f on that file and it's almost as good as running it in the
> > foreground -- but with the advantage that if the connection goes I can
> > just log back in and tail -f again.
> >
> Even better, run your sessions from within sysutils/tmux or sysutils/screen.

I do use sysutils/tmux when I connect from my laptop to my package
baking system where poudriere runs. It makes it easy to detach and go
away with the laptop to other locations while poudriere is doing its
job.

Re/ stopping/restarting poudriere, it would be enough for most of the
cases (at least for me) to have the option to tell poudriere: do not
start new jobs, wait until the current job has finished and end normal.
Because I normally run poudriere with 8 jobs in parallel and killing it
one will loose 8 package buildings at once.

In this case you could restart the other day with the already built
packages your list of to be build ports.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
http://www.cubadebate.cu/noticias/2020/12/25/en-video-con-cuba-no-te-metas/