Re: Time ordered list of package builds

From: Mark Millard via freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 10:56:53 UTC

On 2021-Jun-5, at 03:10, Jan Beich <jbeich at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Mark Millard via freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports at freebsd.org> writes:
>
>> On 2021-Jun-4, at 22:11, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> . . .
>>>
>>> Sorry. I now see that I was unclear, but you seem to have figured it
>>> out. I believe that I am aware of all of the things you mention but
>>> I can't find a way to track back beyond the current build, the only
>>> one marked as "parallel_build", and the prior build which is tagged
>>> "Latest build" in the header and highlighted in yellow. If I want to
>>> look at the second latest, I have no idea how I can find it.
>>>
>>> If I look at the list for beey16 at
>>> http://beefy16.nyi.freebsd.org/jail.html?mastername=130amd64-default,
>>> I get a list of builds that include no clue as to ordering. No start
>>> time or any way to look up a particular build unless I have recorded
>>> the hash while the build was in progress.
>>
>> I did not realize that https://pkg-status.freebsd.org always
>> shows just the most recently completed build for the Ports Jail
>> combination.
>
> Did you try to click on "View all" link at the top of the page?

Thanks for that note. I've immediately scrolled down to
Package Builds section consistently, never noticing that
first line. Looks like it causes:

https://pkg-status.freebsd.org/?all=1

which could be used directly.

Looks like all 24 builds from:

http://beefy16.nyi.freebsd.org/jail.html?mastername=130amd64-default

are listed in the show all mode (after increasing "Show <?>
entries").

I found that if I first sort on Started (UTC) and then
change to sort on Ports, the sort is a stable sort and
the time order is preserved within the block of
"default"s that results. Thus I'm seeing a block of 24
"default" builds in most-recent to oldest order right
now. Elapsed times are shown. Queued, Built, Failed,
Skipped, Ingored, and Remaining counts are shown for
the overall build. The active "parallel_build:"s are
shown.

So my original instructions were just missing a couple
of steps I was ignorant of.

It does appear that getting to all the individual-port
information requires going to the Server and finding
the matching build there. Clicking on a Build link
in https://pkg-status.freebsd.org/?all=1 gets to
something focused on New Failed and New Skipped and
some overall summary information.

Thanks again.

===
Mark Millard