many ports unbuildable without X11

From: Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd_at_quip.cz>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 10:17:17 UTC
Hi,
as we are running FreeBSD on headless servers only we use Poudriere to
build all packages without X11:

OPTIONS_UNSET= X11 GUI CUPS DOCS EXAMPLES NLS HAL

It works fine for years but few month ago I noticed problems when
building math/pspp  PR 256146
Even if pspp has option UNSET+=GUI it still requires GTK and Cairo with
X11 enabled. (error message: gtk3-3.24.27: Needs cairo with X11 support
enabled), the same applies for libepoxy. It was not needed in the past
years.
There were chain of problems where many other dependencies need to be
rebuilt with X11 enabled.
When I updated ports tree to new quaterly yeasterday and run "poudriere
bulk" it ends with another X11 related error because the chain of
dependencies were changed. libGL was previously provided by mesa-libs
but now libglvnd which must be built with X11 enabled too.

What changed so drastically that we cannot build packages without X11
anymore?
Can this be fixed somehow?

Are there any official QA / exp run tests to build ports tree without X11?

Kind regards
Miroslav Lachman