Re: Dovecot

From: @lbutlr <kremels_at_kreme.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 07:33:46 UTC

> On 02 Jul 2021, at 00:03, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 4:00 PM @lbutlr <kremels@kreme.com> wrote:

>> 2.3.13_1

>> https://vuxml.FreeBSD.org/freebsd/d18f431d-d360-11eb-a32c-00a0989e4ec1.html

>> https://vuxml.FreeBSD.org/freebsd/f3fc2b50-d36a-11eb-a32c-00a0989e4ec1.html

>>> Where is the person responsible for the ports?
>>
>> No idea. Some people have emailed and received no reply.
>
> % make -C /usr/ports/mail/dovecot maintainer
> ler@FreeBSD.org

Yes, but sine I know that outhers have emailed and not heard, I din't think it was worse adding more email to the pile since Larry obviously either knows, or is not in a position to do anything right now. Either way, my email will not help.

> Larry is usually quite responsive, but life happens. It is a volunteer job.
> (They all are except the few paid by the FreeBSD Project.)
>
> If someone could update the port, any ports committer can update the port
> after a 14 day wait. Until that timeout, it's in Larry's ballpark. I
> suspect that some of the FreeBSD patches will need at least a little work.
> I really don't have time to spend right now on a port I don't use and am
> only familiar with its function.

14 days is a long time to be sitting on the CVEs "This may be used to supply attacker controlled keys to validate tokens" and "On-path attacker could inject plaintext commands before STARTTLS negotiation that would be executed after STARTTLS finished with the client."

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain, but me and Pippi Longstocking -- I mean, what