Re: Local ports [Was: Re: mail/postfix and mail/postfix-current missing on www.freebsd.org ports section]

From: Muhammad Moinur Rahman <bofh_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 17:29:42 UTC
That’s one way of doing it but preferred way is a bit different as the upstream is modified and there might be merge conflicts while updating the tree. You have to use poudriere-devel and the overlay feature. So let’s say that I have a private repos of ports in github.

So what I do is:

poudriere ports -c -p default <USE OTHER OPTIONS AS REQUIRED>
poudriere ports -c -p default -U https://github.com/5u623l20/local.git -p local -m git
poudriere bulk  -j 130 -O local <CATEGORY/PORTNAME>

The example is arbitrary and do not try to find the repositories please. Most of my overlay trees are for the orgs I work for which are not publicly available. But normally just adding a <CATEGORY/PORTNAME> in the root of the git repo is enough.

Kind regards,
Moin