Re: mail/postfix and mail/postfix-current missing on www.freebsd.org ports section

From: Mark Millard via freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 00:30:21 UTC
From: Roger Marquis <marquis_at_roble.com> wrote on
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 08:33:09 -0800 (PST) :

> mail/postfix is in git though, so the question then is why is it not
> also on www.freebsd.org.

When I look for postfix-3 it finds such (without also matching
a bunch of other things with a "postfix-"[non-digit] prefix:

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=%5Epostfix-3&stype=all&sektion=all

finds:

postfix-3.6.3,1
Secure alternative to widely-used Sendmail
Description : Changes
Maintained by: otis@FreeBSD.org
Requires: icu-70.1_1,1, pcre-8.45

> Have also seen references to mail/postfix35 that is not in git or on
> www.freebsd.org.

As for mail/postfix35 :

http://beefy18.nyi.freebsd.org/build.html?mastername=main-amd64-default&build=p8b46fac80dc7_s4a7b49a0da

from Thu, 30 Sep 2021 01:25:02 GMT (start time) shows a build.
This was for main's default/latest, not quarterly.

There is also:

https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/commit/?id=b19fd158df56a285dcd38cc7310e908b05ecb982

showing mail/postfix35 was removed from git for having expired:

QUOTE
cleanup: Remove expired ports:
. . .
2021-09-30 mail/postfix35: It is only here until FreeBSD 11 is EoL (Postfix >= 3.6 requires OpenSSL >= 1.1.x)
END QUOTE

(So, removed the same day as that bulk build was started.)

> We're maintain our own, local, mail/postfix35(.13.2)
> for libressl compatibility.  It's not all that difficult (git checkout
> ...;vi Makefile; make makesum; ...) but given how many sites use
> libressl and how long postfix35 will be supported by Wietse (i.e, many
> years) am wondering if it's worth checking-in?

mail/postfix35 was present and then was removed in favor of
versions requiring a more recent OpenSSL version --or that is
how it looks.

> On a similar note: is anyone is maintaing a local/custom port in
> Poudriere or know where that might be documented?
>
> Roger Marquis
>

> On Fri, 17 Dec 2021, Mel Pilgrim wrote:
> > On 2021-12-17 4:20, Michael Grimm via freebsd-questions wrote:
> >> I noticed today that mail/postfix and mail/postfix-current are missing on
> >>
> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=%5Epostfix+&stype=all&sektion=all

I agree that this search does not find:

postfix-3.6.3,1
Secure alternative to widely-used Sendmail
Description : Changes
Maintained by: otis@FreeBSD.org
Requires: icu-70.1_1,1, pcre-8.45

but:

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=%5Epostfix-3&stype=all&sektion=all

does. I've no clue what criteria for a match is in use
for these query operations.

> > They are there as postfix-sasl and postfix-current-sasl.  That page has a bug
> > with flavours such that it does not list the port with the default/first
> > flavour.  This is more obvious with the postfixadmin ports, which are listed
> > with php80, not the default, php74.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com