Re: Unable to build Python38 ports like devel/py38-pycparser and even py38-setuptools

From: Christian Weisgerber <naddy_at_mips.inka.de>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 21:55:18 UTC
On 2021-11-28, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I remember correctly, the fix is to de-install both py38-packaging and
> py38-setuptools.
>> pkg delete -f py38-setuptools
>> pkg delete -f py38-packaging
>> portmaster devel/pkg-packaging
>> portmaster devel/py-setuptools

I'm stuck in the same catch-22 and this doesn't work.

I can't install py-packaging because it depends on py-setuptools.
py-setuptools can't be installed because it seems to require
py-packaging:

  File "/extra/obj/usr/ports/devel/py-setuptools/work-py38/setuptools-57.0.0/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 772, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'packaging>=20.0' distribution was not found and is required by the application
*** Error code 1