Re: pkg check -ad, llvm10 is missing a required shared library

From: Mel Pilgrim <list_freebsd_at_bluerosetech.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 17:53:59 -0700
On 2021-08-09 14:53, George Mitchell wrote:
> On 8/9/21 4:36 PM, Philipp Ost wrote:
>> [...]
>> # pkg check -Bdna
>> [...]
>> Checking all packages: 100%
>> llvm10 is missing a required shared library: libcxxrt.so.1
>> llvm10 is missing a required shared library: libc.so.7
>> llvm10 is missing a required shared library: libthr.so.3
>> llvm10 is missing a required shared library: libm.so.5
>> llvm10 is missing a required shared library: libncurses.so.8
>> llvm11 is missing a required shared library: libcxxrt.so.1
>> llvm11 is missing a required shared library: libc.so.7
>> llvm11 is missing a required shared library: libthr.so.3
>> llvm11 is missing a required shared library: libm.so.5
>> llvm11 is missing a required shared library: libncurses.so.8
>> llvm12 is missing a required shared library: libcxxrt.so.1
>> llvm12 is missing a required shared library: libc.so.7
>> llvm12 is missing a required shared library: libthr.so.3
>> llvm12 is missing a required shared library: libm.so.5
>> llvm12 is missing a required shared library: libncurses.so.8
>> [...]
>
> My guess is that this is a pkg problem (or perhaps a pkg database
> problem).  It can be "fixed" by recompiling and reinstalling
> llvm{10,11,12}.  I've just been ignoring it since the message is
> clearly nonsensical and there appear to be no operational problems
> with llvm when I ignore them.  It would be nice to get it fixed,
> though.                                                -- George

But libc and libthr are used in a huge number of ports. Why does this
only happen with these three llvm ports and not, say, every port written
in C?  I should have dozens of ports claiming libc, libthr, libutil,
libcrypto, etc are missing shared libraries, but it's just this one.

Also, rebuilding and reinstalling llvm didn't fix it for me.