Re: Issues with security/step-cli

From: Michael Gmelin <freebsd_at_grem.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 13:31:41 UTC

On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 14:53:07 +0200
Markus Wipp <mw@wipp.bayern> wrote:

> > On 3. Aug 2021, at 14:34, Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 13:41:42 +0200
> > Markus Wipp <mw@wipp.bayern> wrote:
> >
> >> Sure. I attached you the diff.

> > distinfo contains the entry for etcd-io-etcd-v3.5.0_GH0.tar.gz
> > multiple times (due to it being listed multiple times in GH_TUPLE).
> >
> > It seems to build okay when getting rid of the duplicates in
> > distinfo. I don't know if what you're doing is officially
> > supported, but if it is, we should probably adapt tooling. Also,
> > portlint didn't complain and `make makesum' re-creates the
> > duplicates.
> >
> > @portmgr Please find attached an example of a patch that dedups
> > distinfo on `make makesum', it might more sense to fix this
> > somewhere else in the framework (so that e.g., checksums aren't
> > validated multiple times etc.), up to you.
>
> Ok, then this is one more thing I should take care of! I did not add
> it multiple times on purpose. The GH_TUPLE was just built with go mod
> vendor and modules2tuple. Could it be that there the duplicates need
> to be fixed?

Well, it seems like they are unpacked in multiple places. I don't know
the software well enough if this is required or not. If it is, you
could leave things as they are now and modify distinfo manually (if this
is actually allowed by the framework).

It would be nicer though to create a post-extract target that moves
things into place explicitly (either by copying them, or simply by
creating symbolic links, if this is supported by the software you're
porting).

-m

--
Michael Gmelin