Re: RFC: vim default GUI

From: Adam Weinberger <adamw_at_adamw.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 22:18:22 UTC
On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 11:58 AM Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org> wrote:

> would the idea be to deprecate the "vim-console" port?

The idea is that the `vim-console' package would become just `vim', and the
current `vim' would become `vim-gtk3'. The `vim-tiny' package would stay
as-is. So the vim package will depend only on exctags and the default
language bindings (currently perl, ruby, and py3). Only the -xyz packages
will carry X dependencies.

Frankly, I think it's highly, highly unlikely that anybody actually uses
the ruby or perl bindings. I'm contemplating taking RUBY and PERL out of
OPTIONS_DEFAULT, and I doubt anyone will notice (they'll remain as
available configurable options).

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger