Re: How do I indicate RETIRE or HANDOFF for a port?

From: Kubilay Kocak <koobs_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 17:15:13 +1000
On 2/08/2021 5:07 pm, Tomohiro Hosaka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am the maintainer of several ports.
> https://portscout.freebsd.org/bokutin_at_bokut.in.html
>
> Is there any way to indicate which ports I have quit using and maintaining?
>
> In CPAN, it is possible.
> https://github.com/Perl-Toolchain-Gang/toolchain-site/blob/master/lancaster-consensus.md#flagging-abandoned-modules-and-modules-requesting-help
>

> Thanks,

We have no granularity beyond current maintainer email address, however
the value: 'ports _at_ FreeBSD . org' means 'unmaintained port' or 'no
maintainer', effectively covering the ADOPTME case.

Maintainers wishing to drop maintainership may submit patches to their
ports (feel free to submit this as a single Bugzilla issue), changing
the MAINTAINER lines to that value.

--
Regards,

koobs