Re: pkgbase and config file merges

From: Roger Marquis <marquis_at_roble.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 22:09:07 UTC
On Wed, 6 Mar 2024, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> .pkgsave once you have boostrapped you should not have any.

Bootstrapped what though?  Whether pkgbase had been previously installed
is not the issue as we expect some pkgbase installs will be to existing
systems, with existing configurations.  These configurations should not
be overwritten (but may be patched).

Not being able to think of a scenario where overwriting existing configs
would be the expected much less desired behavior, I'm wondering what
scenarios would require this bootstrap behavior?

Roger