FreeBSD kernel version 0

From: Reshad Patuck <reshadpatuck1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 11:19:22 UTC
Hi,

I have been trying to compile FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE-p5 on a FreeBSD
14.0-RELEASE VM today and it seems like the FreeBSD_version annotation in
the +MANIFEST file is set to the value "0".
This caused my system to throw the error "pkg-static: Invalid FreeBSD
version 0 for package FreeBSD-kernel-generic" when I tried to install the
pkgs on another FreeBSD 14.0 system.

I had compiled the same version (using the same commit hash) on the 12th of
March and it worked fine.

I have attached the following files at https://paste.ee/d/9KcnQ:
- pkg-base-build-script.sh - The list of commands I used to build a new pkg
base instance
- +MANIFEST-working - the +MANIFEST file from the working pkg of FreeBSD
14.0-RELEASE-p5 built on 2024-03-12
- +MANIFEST-broken - the +MANIFEST file from the broken pkg of FreeBSD
14.0-RELEASE-p5 built on 2024-04-18

I use a stock FreeBSD 14.0 image in AWS to spin up a new VM each time I run
this compilation and have used the same image since February.
The only thing that runs before I run the compilation is a pkg installation
of some tools like git, curl, htop, screen and vim.

Looking at my archives, it seems that the version of pkg had changed from
'1.20_9' to '1.21.2'. Could there be something here?
Any help understanding why this difference exists will be much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Reshad