Re: Personal FreeBSD PkgBase Server

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 07:54:28 UTC
On Sun, Nov 19, 2023 at 11:27:52PM +0100, vermaden wrote:

> Hi,it's good to see PkgBase seeing more light of day but my question is about its build process.How to create the build process to create and host this PkgBase solution on my own?I
>  would like to create and maintain a custom FreeBSD kernel/base build
> and then update it with PkgBase packages that I build with Poudriere.Can you share the instructions You use to create and maintain self PkgBase solution?Thank You in advance.Regards,vermaden

To build your own pkgbase, you need a system with pkg, if possible pkg 1.20.9
because it will soon take advantage of it.
run your usual make buildworld buildkernel
make sure REPRODUCIBLE_BUILD is activated.
make sure REPODIR is set if point to a directory where you want your packages to
be created.

if you want to sign them: export PKG_REPO_SIGNING_KEY="/a/path/to/a/rsa/key"

$ make update-package

that's all.

As for poudriere, there are some WIP support, but it still needs a couple of
packages.

Best regards,
Bapt