Re: ifmcstat/rtsol with debug kernel -- "...with 1 sleep inhibitors"
- In reply to: Zhenlei Huang : "Re: ifmcstat/rtsol with debug kernel -- "...with 1 sleep inhibitors""
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2026 18:57:00 UTC
Hi, Thanks, I'm aware of these problems and already working on them. Most are caused by using callout_drain in non-sleepable contexts. After the witness update, I detected many of them and am actively working on fixing them. But this will take time. Please be patient regarding witness warnings for now. On 3/23/26 8:01 PM, Zhenlei Huang wrote: >> I have no clue which chnage it was but running >> ifmcstat >> with a debug kernel gives more backtraces than information. >> >> Lots of "uma_zalloc_debug: ... with 1 sleep inhibitors" >> >> Can we please fix this before putting more changes on top for the network stack? That warning is definitely loud. I'd started refactoring mcast to use netlink instead of sysctl, but that will take more time. For now, here's a patch addressing the epoch lock for now, but this only reduces amount of warning, not fixing them: D56052 The real fix will be using netlink instead of sysctl which wires user-space memory under various locks beside vslock. >> I am also still seeing a similar warning with rtsol still: >> >> # rtsol wlan0 >> Invoking IPv6 network device address event may sleep with 1 sleep inhibitors I'll fix this as well. It requires removing callout_drain in two different parts of in6. -- Pouria