[Bug 280074] em(4) temporarily hangs and re-enables TX CSUM if a bridge it's a member of is modified
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2026 18:19:21 UTC
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=280074 --- Comment #31 from Joshua Kinard <freebsd@kumba.dev> --- (In reply to Zhenlei Huang from comment #29) So it looks like the "fix" is really just adding "-mextpg" to my EM_OPTS variable in /etc/rc.conf. I already had -lro and -tso (the latter which implies -tso6), so that leaves the enabling of these "extended multi-page mbuf(9) buffers" as the culprit causing the network stall while (I assume) the hardware undergoes a full reset. Turning that capability off causes the in-tree em(4) driver to behave just like the ports version. Upon "jail -r squid", I can still send/receive characters over the SSH session, and the dmesg output is missing the line about "2 link states coalesced". Since the ports driver does not appear to support MEXTPG, that's probably why it doesn't exhibit the problem. -- You are receiving this mail because: You are the assignee for the bug.