[Bug 280074] em(4) temporarily hangs and re-enables TX CSUM if a bridge it's a member of is modified

From: <bugzilla-noreply_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2026 03:47:34 UTC
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=280074

--- Comment #27 from Zhenlei Huang <zlei@FreeBSD.org> ---
(In reply to Joshua Kinard from comment #26)

> Please try this EM_OPTS on 15.0-RELEASE,
> EM_OPTS="-lro -tso -tso6 -mextpg"

> Nope, this particular device is on 15.0. 

That's weird. I expect no link flipping with the above option.

Can you also share the ifconfig before and after shutdown jail, and the dmesg ?
I want to check whether the link of em0 is still flipping.

> I have two other devices using igb(4), but again, the external ports driver for it,
> net/intel-igb-kmod.  I can maybe try putting one of them on the in-tree driver and
> see if it has the same hiccup as em(4) on my NUC8.  I also have a third appliance
> that also uses em(4), but with a different hardware chip than the NUC (which is on a
> I219-V); however, it doesn't run any jails.  I can set a dummy jail up on it and see
> if it has the same hiccup, because that could highlight if it's a hardware quirk
> with certain Intel chipsets.

OK, let's focus on 15.0 and the in-tree driver em(4) right now.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.